Friends told me, i look serious and unfriendly if I do not smile (hey, who doesn't know that?)
Crap, I would say. We are all human, and we might have some days that we feel so miserable that we can't even smile properly. Sadistic, i know. This happens to all the human species.
Everyone of us looks unapproachable and ugly when we do not smile.
Try imagine, would you dare to approach a sulky faced sales assistant in a retail shop? When your boss does not smile, do you simply go to him and suggest something silly? Or you would rather hide your head in the pile of files avoiding eye contacts with him? When the boyfriend is angry of something, do you go irritate him and challenge him? When the waiter at a restaurant is showing some sort of I-hate-my-job face, leave the restaurant, and get a takeaway instead.
I smile a lot. A lot more than anyone of you because if I don't, I am going to lose my job and all my friends. I smile every time I answer a phone call, whether at work or at home. Try it, it makes the caller happy and if your job requires you to speak on the phone a lot, a smile can certainly help to boost sales and turn a complaint to compliment. The caller will know it when you answer the phone with a smile. They would probably think that you must be a pretty good looking (or kind hearted) person, because you sounded so 'smiley' over the phone...
Crap, I would say. We are all human, and we might have some days that we feel so miserable that we can't even smile properly. Sadistic, i know. This happens to all the human species.
Everyone of us looks unapproachable and ugly when we do not smile.
Try imagine, would you dare to approach a sulky faced sales assistant in a retail shop? When your boss does not smile, do you simply go to him and suggest something silly? Or you would rather hide your head in the pile of files avoiding eye contacts with him? When the boyfriend is angry of something, do you go irritate him and challenge him? When the waiter at a restaurant is showing some sort of I-hate-my-job face, leave the restaurant, and get a takeaway instead.
I smile a lot. A lot more than anyone of you because if I don't, I am going to lose my job and all my friends. I smile every time I answer a phone call, whether at work or at home. Try it, it makes the caller happy and if your job requires you to speak on the phone a lot, a smile can certainly help to boost sales and turn a complaint to compliment. The caller will know it when you answer the phone with a smile. They would probably think that you must be a pretty good looking (or kind hearted) person, because you sounded so 'smiley' over the phone...
Listening to:
Little By Little by Dusty Springfield

No comments:
Post a Comment