This is unbelievable! I received more than 20 fwded emails from my ex boss in a day. Those mails came in on a peak office hour time (his time). I started to wonder why.
Put it this way, perhaps he was trying to take a short break during his long and stressful working hour. Yet, i just do not understand. Most of the mails consist of funny images or funny stories. Sign, this is a bad sign, i know, it means many poeple at work are feeling so so bored and simply want to waste time reading and forwarding these emails.
I know well that clicking 'fwd' and entering email addresses takes not more than 2 minutes. The time to do this simple action doubled to double if it is more than 3 emails, with more than 5 recipient addresses. If you can figure out the exact amount of time spent, you will simply start to wonder why a high position person in a corporate environment will do this ?!?
Even though i am always very free at home, whenever i received these fwded mails, i will simply put it into trash, unless there is some useful information, then i will fwd it to my loved ones.
I am not trying to jump to conclusion. I simply think this is a total waste of time , and may be this could be the weakness of time management and handling stress at work!
Or this could be an effective way of handling stress at work of so called MDs or CEOs!?

No comments:
Post a Comment