I lodged a complaint to HSBC bank on Monday, and today, the branch manager called me personally on my mobile to apologise.He even offered to credit my account with 40pounds to compensate me. I told him, it was no need for him to credit the money to my account as a compensation, as i did not lose anything. I felt offended by the staff response and i think i need to voice out my unpleasant experience. I did not make a complaint because i want extra benefit. In the end, the manager thanked me for telling them this matter, and they will improve their staff training, and etc etc, etc, etc....( he put the words nicely and it made me less angry..a very good complaint-handling method and i could use it in my case study on handling customer complaints!!!)
It happened on Monday afternoon as i went to the HSBC in my neighbourhood to have some change. I am all this while very happy with their service, and i am even friends with 2 officers there.
On that day, i went in to ask for 140pounds of small change, and the teller who served me was not the usual teller. I believe she's either new or a part timer. When i handed her the 140pounds of cash, she only passed me back 100pounds of change. Of course, i told her firmly that i passed her 140 pounds and in my small paper note, the varieties of change that i needed was amounted to 140 pounds. She looked at me with disbelief, and doubted i actually did pass her 140. The worst part was she had already put all the money into her till, and she told me she could not remember how much exactly i had actually passed to her. I did not want to argue much with her, and i told her politely, i passed her 140ponds which consist of 10x 10 pound notes, and 2x 20pound notes. She insisted that she could not count all the money in her till now, and she could only let me know when they close on that day. She eventually passed me 140pounds of small change, and insisted to take my details, in case her till falls short.
I think this was so very unreasonable, and that time i just told her my name, and i told her to check her CCTV right away. She said she was unable to, and no apologetic gesture, as if it was my dishonesty to try to trouble her. So i said fine, and took my small change of 140pounds and left the bank. Immediately i left, i felt so very unhappy as the teller was indirectly accusing me of trying to cheat her. All i could say was she was not helpful, and her attitude was so bad towards this matter. i suspected she acted this way because she thought i am just a Chinese, English illiterate / not well educated. Furthermore, she probably thought i am just a chinese lady who knows nuts, but a weaker party.
I went home. Straight away, i lodged a complaint through HSBC website, and to play it safe, i send an email to the service quality department to express my dissatisfactory.
I did not intend to be a troublemaker. I just want them to know i was not properly/ equally treated as their customer. I want them to know they should improve their service quality, and they should have professional staff handling cash more carefully, and not argue with customers when they are not sure of what they are doing during their duties.
It happened on Monday afternoon as i went to the HSBC in my neighbourhood to have some change. I am all this while very happy with their service, and i am even friends with 2 officers there.
On that day, i went in to ask for 140pounds of small change, and the teller who served me was not the usual teller. I believe she's either new or a part timer. When i handed her the 140pounds of cash, she only passed me back 100pounds of change. Of course, i told her firmly that i passed her 140 pounds and in my small paper note, the varieties of change that i needed was amounted to 140 pounds. She looked at me with disbelief, and doubted i actually did pass her 140. The worst part was she had already put all the money into her till, and she told me she could not remember how much exactly i had actually passed to her. I did not want to argue much with her, and i told her politely, i passed her 140ponds which consist of 10x 10 pound notes, and 2x 20pound notes. She insisted that she could not count all the money in her till now, and she could only let me know when they close on that day. She eventually passed me 140pounds of small change, and insisted to take my details, in case her till falls short.
I think this was so very unreasonable, and that time i just told her my name, and i told her to check her CCTV right away. She said she was unable to, and no apologetic gesture, as if it was my dishonesty to try to trouble her. So i said fine, and took my small change of 140pounds and left the bank. Immediately i left, i felt so very unhappy as the teller was indirectly accusing me of trying to cheat her. All i could say was she was not helpful, and her attitude was so bad towards this matter. i suspected she acted this way because she thought i am just a Chinese, English illiterate / not well educated. Furthermore, she probably thought i am just a chinese lady who knows nuts, but a weaker party.
I went home. Straight away, i lodged a complaint through HSBC website, and to play it safe, i send an email to the service quality department to express my dissatisfactory.
I did not intend to be a troublemaker. I just want them to know i was not properly/ equally treated as their customer. I want them to know they should improve their service quality, and they should have professional staff handling cash more carefully, and not argue with customers when they are not sure of what they are doing during their duties.
Conclusion of this incident :
1. HSBC UK has a very efficient service quality team to respond to complaint.
2. HSBC is not my favourite bank anymore.
3. It is my right to complain as a consumer, do not keep quiet and be afraid.

No comments:
Post a Comment